Wednesday 24 October 2012

More Christmas WiP's

My handmade Christmas preparations continue in my closet sewing room...

Pin placed there to show tiny scale of design.  This is a 3" hoop.
That little bit of embroidery took me an hour!  AN HOUR!  I'm  soooooo S...L...O...W....  Didn't help that I ripped out what I had done once on the tree and once on the mug because it didn't look right so I re-did it.  And looking at it in the picture I think that mug has another chance to be ripped out again as I'm not so sure I like how the curve on the top is going.  Like I said, I am a slow embroidererererer person.  But it will get done, eventually!


I used one of the transfers from Aneela Hoey's "Little Stitches" embroidery book which makes it so easy to transfer onto the fabric and then start.  Finishing is another story altogether!  I still need to get on and finish this one too....


So many works in progress, so little time!  Linking to Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday!

wipwednesdaybutton

8 comments:

Charlotte said...

so cute! laughing at embroidererererer ;-)

Celine said...

cute! Can't wait to see it finished!

Strawberry Patch said...

I NEED that book so so so much!

MetroQuilter said...

Mug is looking very mug like...and also cute...

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your stitching looks fab...love the girl in the red dress...so pretty!

Sarah Ashford said...

Small but perfectly formed...it's going to be gorgeous :-) (Must put that book on my xmas list!)

Anonymous said...

I think the mug is sweet. What will you do with it when it's done?

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Oh it is looking so sweet so far even if it is a bit time consuming!