Saturday 9 June 2012

'My Precious' Zakka Zip Organiser

Yay for me - I FINALLY conquered the Zakka Zip Organiser and used some of 'my precious' Echino stash as well :)  !!! 


My poor fingers - I was stabbed by my pins and seam ripper oh, about 1000 times, so they are now all sore.  Poor me!!  This project was a complicated one and the seam ripper was well used!  Thank goodness for Spotted Stones blog for her tips and extra corrections!  Once I got my head round it all so I made sure that my precious prints stayed upright (I didn't want an upside down pig, did I!??), I managed to make this wee beauty:


Yes, gasp - I know - you can see that I cut into 'My Precious' and quite yummy Echino fabrics!  I have a few more pieces of a few more Echino prints but these two prints were the two I settled on as I didn't want to use it all as they would be lost and hidden in this particular pattern -- the pockets were going to be too busy had I used any more prints!  That is where the linen and Kona came in handy!    
The 'yellow pig with spider web on his bum on linen+green circles' fabric is just too cool for words so 'nuf said.  The only zip I had in the correct size for the outer pocket was a red one so I decided to go with some bright red as the binding.


I like how it turned out but I know where I would improve next time.  That is what is so great about sewing - you are constantly improving your skill set.  Zippers, loads of layers, pockets - this project had all sorts of precise elements and I think I did pretty well, for a first attempt.  I am linking this project to Kelby Sews 'My Precious QAL' [15 June], amylouwho Sew & Tell Friday, LR Stitched 'Zakka Style Sew Along', Pieceful Life Show Off Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict Whoop Whoop and Such a Sew and Sew A Stitch in Time June Finishes - and what a relief and pleasure it is to do so!!   

Also, here are a few pictures of the other items I (COMPLETED) made with my first pile of 'precious' fabrics [Amy Butler Love] along with the blocks for a quilt: (NOT COMPLETED):



Have decided it needs to be bigger so am working on a plan!
So, happy sewing and see you soon!  TGIFF, sew darn crafty party and Manic Monday.

9 comments:

Grandma G said...

That looks like a complicated project, but way to go on pulling it off! Great job! I like those complicated challenges! :)

Rafael's Mum said...

That looks lovely! You make me want to make one now...

Anonymous said...

you've been busy, just love your zakka organiser!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, great job! Love those fabrics, Amy. What a perfect project for them! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Kelly said...

Very cool Amy!!

Sarah Craig said...

That is a fabulous organizer! Well worth using the Echino!! Whoop whoop!!

Ellie Q said...

Nice job! I like your two other small projects too--are you going to talk more about those?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love your Echino zip project! Very nicely done!

Elizabeth said...

I love your little pouch! The outside fabric is awesome and I love the bright inside fabrics. Beautifully done! Thank you for linking up!

xo -E

P.S. that Amy Butler quilt is going to be awesome!