Monday 11 June 2012

'Lotta love' bracelet

Happy {rainy} Monday to you!! 

Home alone for supper tonight which meant I could have WHATEVER I wanted!  So - what do you think I had?  You will NEVER guess...

Peanut butter, jam and BACON sandwich (on M&S bread and with streaky bacon - just like the bacon from home):



YUM!  I can totally hear all of you saying "YUCK" but it was delicious, honestly!  Annie from The Village Haberdashery had mentioned peanut butter and bacon sandwiches in one of her blog posts a while back and I love strawberry jam on bacon so tonight I combined all three and made a yummy sandwich.  Yay!!! 

Ok, so back to more interesting matters!  I made a fabric bracelet on a whim yesterday afternoon.  I'm calling it 'Lotta love' - get it?  Lotta Jansdotter and Amy Butler Love fabrics combined :)  I cut two strips 1.25" x 9" each.  These were sewn together short end to short end, seam pressed open.  I then folded this piece in half along the long edge (so right sides faced each other) and sewed a scant 1/4" seam.  Using a pin, I managed to turn this tube so the right sides were out and then I pressed it flat and sewed a simple stitch on top down the middle.  I finished the two ends (made size adjustments first) and sewed a wee snap on and whah-lah - a quilty scrappy fabric bracelet! 

Tonight I'm busy sewing a Box Block for month two of Bee Europa using cute little 30's prints - picture soon!!  Have a great night and let me know if you've ever had a peanut butter and bacon sandwich :)

Linking with a few parties: Tuesday at the{summer}Table, Litte Quilt Monday, {sew} Modern Monday, Craftastic Linky Party and Sew What Monday.

June Finishes

14 comments:

Shevvy said...

I feel sick! Thats just so so so very wrong..

Nutter!

Cherie said...

I get the jam, but peanut butter ewwwww! (hate peanuts!)
Love the bracelets! (would it not have been easier to make it bag strap style? No turning involved) =D

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Wanted a nice thin strip/strap and love turning things outside-in because my mom showed me the pin trick (or I could have used a 'purple-thang') so I like doing it! Also means no burning my finger tips ironing such a skinny strip either and having to fold-press, fold-press and fold-press then sew!!! There is method to my madness!

Debbie said...

Actually, I would certainly try your sandwich if offered it. My fav burger at a now-gone local eatery was their pb & bacon burger. oh my. We've even made them at home, yes we have. Cute bracelet btw. Thanks for linking with the {summer} table!

elizabeth said...

Very cute bracelet....not sure about the sandwich : )

Kelly said...

Cute bracelets but that sandwhich is wrong on soooo many levels!

Pam said...

Wonderful sarnie, it has to be crunchy peanut butter and homemade jam, red gooseberry is good for a change. I also love sharp cheddar and blackcurrant jam or you could try blue cheese and apricot jam with bacon. Yum. The bracelet is very pretty.

Pennie said...

Eeuuwww, you wierd Canadian sandwich creator! :-) I feel very slightly sick now.... Lovely bracelet though! :-)

Just Sew Sue said...

Cheese and peanut butter toasted sandwich. Yum. Not sure about the jam in your choice of sarnie.

Kelli said...

I'm on the fence about the sandwich, but I'm all for the bracelet! So very cute. :)

Vicki said...

You are truly Nana's granddaughter! Just tried PB and J ice cream at the grocery store this weekend. I thought it would make a good breakfast shake.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It must be a Canadian thing to like odd food combinations :o) I come from the land of poutine...so I get it :o)

trash said...

You were right. My immediate thought on reading the description was YUK!

Elizabeth said...

PBJ&Bacon? That is hilarious, but bacon makes everything better, so why not?

Cute bracelet and clever name! Thanks for linking up!

xo -E